🍳🥩Hey foodie friends!🥩🍳 Got an epic recipe up your sleeve?
We're all in this tasty journey together, so let's amp up our food game. Share your mouthwatering creations with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you could earn a spot in our culinary hall of fame! 🚀🍔 #GoodEatsForAll
There is nothing that screams summer BBQ more than a good burger on the grill. Sitting in the backyard, gathered with friends and family, sun shining and the smell of fresh lit charcoal filling the air. It just doesn’t get any better than that. A good burger is as American as baseball and apple pie. Do you want a slight twist on the old fashioned burger that is sure to be a hit? Well we put a slight twist on the burger this week and made smash burgers in a pan, right on the grill.
If you’re not familiar with what a smash burger is, allow me to enlighten you. It is a burger that is literally smashed down in a pan and cooked in its own juices until it has developed a delicious crust. The process creates an incredible flavor that cannot be achieved any other way. If you’d like to jazz up your backyard BBQ game, give these tasty patties of goodness a try.
- Fill your grill with FOGO Charcoal and get a medium hot fire burning. Place your cast iron pan on the grill and drizzle enough oil in the bottom to lightly coat it.
- Form each ¼ lb piece of ground beef into a ball, Be sure to pack it loosely
- When the pan is thoroughly heated, place each beef ball in the pan. Scatter the sliced onion around in the pan. Sprinkle each beef ball with kosher salt. Use a spatula and tongs to press (smash) each burger flat. They can be smashed very thin.
- Dust each patty with black pepper. Allow each to cook until you’ve achieved a solid brown crust on the bottom of each burger. Once the crust is achieved, flip each patty, place a slice of cheese on each and cook until the crust is brown on the bottom. Remove from the pan. THE CRUST IS A MUST!
- Grill the buns until they’re lightly toasted.
- Place a patty on the bottom bun, add some grilled onions, pickle slices, ketchup and the top bun. Devour!