🍳🥩Hey foodie friends!🥩🍳 Got an epic recipe up your sleeve?
We're all in this tasty journey together, so let's amp up our food game. Share your mouthwatering creations with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you could earn a spot in our culinary hall of fame! 🚀🍔 #GoodEatsForAll
To celebrate New Years I took a trip with my family to the beach. In the midst of the tropical paradise I was in, I wanted to cook some seafood on the grill. So, one day, I went to the local market and got some fresh lobster. I was impressed by the size of the lobsters, they were XL Lobsters, caught from the coasts of the pacific ocean. Lobsters are a delicious meal and are really easy to cook, however like all seafood, especially in the wild, some important steps have to be taken before searing it on the grill. So let’s start with the ingredients I used for this cooking journey.
- Preparing the lobsters: I washed them under cold water and patted them dry. I then boiled some water and dipped them in for about 5 minutes. I noticed that when it was boiled the color changed from a darker reddish color to straight out orange. I then took them out of the water and let them dry.
- Prepared my grill: I lit my FOGO Charcoal and allowed the coals to burn until they reached a medium-high heat. While the grill heats up, Using a sharp knife, I carefully split each lobster lengthwise down the middle. This exposed the meat for grilling.
- Prepared the marinade of the lobster: Then in a small bowl, I combined the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful sauce for basting.
- Grilling the lobster:
- Once the fire was on point I placed the lobster halves, shell-side down, on the preheated grill. I had to ensure that the grill is clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- I then brushed the exposed meat generously with the prepared butter sauce. I did reserve some sauce for basting during grilling. I grilled the lobsters for about 5-7 minutes. This time is depending on the size, and my lobsters were XL.
- Once I noticed that the meat turned opaque and the shell became charred around the edge and knew it was done. Then I carefully flip the lobster halves with tongs to cook the meat side down and brushed more butter sauce on the meat. Then I continue grilling for an additional 4-6 minutes until the meat is thoroughly cooked but still tender. I basted occasionally with the remaining butter sauce.
Once the lobster is cooked to perfection, I remove it from the grill and transfer to a serving platter. I served my beachside grilled lobster immediately with additional lemon wedges, grilled corn and a side of a beach-inspired delicious salad. Remember, grilling times can vary based on the heat of your grill and the size of the lobsters. So it is important to keep an eye on them to ensure they're cooked just right – tender and juicy.
I truly enjoyed my grilling experience on the beachside of the pacific coast to celebrate life and the new year with some awesome grilled seafood in the midst of nature. Hopefully this year is filled with joy, love and lot’s of natural grilling!