🍳🥩Hey foodie friends!🥩🍳 Got an epic recipe up your sleeve?
We're all in this tasty journey together, so let's amp up our food game. Share your mouthwatering creations with us at email@example.com and you could earn a spot in our culinary hall of fame! 🚀🍔 #GoodEatsForAll
Viral Smash Tacos
If you spend any time at all on social media, you have to have seen the viral sensation of “smash tacos” aka “Smashburger tacos”. They are everywhere on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, and any other place that people like to post their food. I figured out why this sensation has taken off so well too. They are freaking delicious!
It is nothing more than a bunch of meat, smashed into a tortilla and griddled. The toppings are all up to you. We opted to go with Big Mac style smash tacos, and we absolutely loved them. I think that because there is not as much bread, they tasted even better than that big old fast-food treasure. Once I bit into it, I knew I was hooked, and my brain went into overdrive. It instantly came up with something that combines all of my fave foods. Italian food, tacos, burgers, chicken parmesan all combined into one little tasty treat. So, the chicken parm smash taco was created.
The cooking process was the same on both of them. A plancha or griddle on the grill over medium high heat and some simple ingredients is all it takes. I have found out through experience to make the meat stick out past the edges of the tortilla because it will shrink up as it cooks, and you’ll have a tortilla with a meat dot in the center if you’re not careful. Nobody wants that! If you make the meat bigger than the tortilla, when it does shrink, you’ll have the perfectly sized meat patty to match the tortilla.
I am not even sure about what makes these so much tastier than the originals, but we all agreed, they were amazing. I had very high hopes for the chicken parm and let me tell you, it came out better than I had even hoped for. I’m not saying that it will replace regular chicken parmesan for me, but I know that this was way easier than sitting there and breading a bunch of trimmed chicken cutlets.
When you try this, please let us know what you think. I know that the Big Mac was the favorite of both of my kids while the Chicken Parm was favored by myself and my girl. It just proves the old saying, different strokes for different folks. Whichever way you make them, I am sure that you will enjoy them as much as we did. Remember to Subscribe to our channel, hit that “like” button on the video and leave us a comment about how you would make these. What kinds of toppings and meats would you like to try with this? Until then always get out and grill and I will see you the next time on The FOGO Life!
- Clean out your grill and using the Kick Ash Basket, fill your grill with FOGO Premium Black Bag Charcoal. Light it with FOGO Starters in a Blazaball and prepare for direct grilling over medium high heat. If using and Eggspander system, remove the grate, turn the Eggspander basket upside down and place the carbon steel plancha on top of it.
- BIG MAC SMASH TACO- Take about 4-5 ounces of ground beef and loosely roll a meatball with it. Sprinkle it with the Garlic Salt. Put a light coating of the Wagyu Beef Tallow on the plancha, place the meatball on the plancha, place a tortilla over the meatball and using your burger press, smash that tortilla down into the burger meat until the meat is flat and sticking out past the edges of the tortilla.
- Cook that for 3-4 minutes and flip it over so that the tortilla side is down. Place your cheese on the burger and allow it to melt. Cook for another 3 minutes and remove from the grill.
- Top your beef patty with special sauce, lettuce, pickles, onions, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. There, you now have a Big Mac Smashburger Taco.
- CHICKEN PARM SMASH TACO- Combine the ground chicken, grated butter, sprinkle of garlic salt and breadcrumbs until thoroughly combined. You can use the same “meatball then smash” method as the Big Mac OR simply press the chicken mixture down onto the tortilla until it is flat and sticking out past the edges.
- Place the tortilla, meat side down onto the plancha and cook for 3-4 minutes. The chicken should develop a nice crust. Spread a very thin layer of tomato sauce on the tortilla and flip.
- Spoon and spread the tomato sauce on the chicken and top with slices of mozzarella. Sprinkle with a bit more garlic salt. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through. 165° minimum internal temperature. Top with sliced basil and enjoy!
- Yum Yum, chicken parm you taste so good….