🍳🥩Hey foodie friends!🥩🍳 Got an epic recipe up your sleeve?
We're all in this tasty journey together, so let's amp up our food game. Share your mouthwatering creations with us at email@example.com and you could earn a spot in our culinary hall of fame! 🚀🍔 #GoodEatsForAll
Hey there! Welcome back to another exciting culinary journey.
Today, we're diving into a dish that's not only bursting with flavor but also a visual treat – Teriyaki Salmon on Grilled Pineapple Planks!
Cooking is like a fun adventure where you can discover new things and get surprises along the way. With my ingredients ready and the grill heating up, my aim was clear: make a dish that wows your senses and tastes amazing.
To add a touch of green to our meal, I threw some broccoli planks on the grill. And for a sweet twist, I hung whole pineapples over indirect heat, jazzing them up with a sugary cinnamon coating – the perfect dessert to wrap up our delightful feast.
Now, for the exciting part – it was my first time cooking on an open fire grill. It's a bit different from a ceramic grill with its precise temperature control. Cooking over an open flame brought a whole new level of excitement (and maybe a tear or two of joy). It reminded me that each grill type has its own unique charm and quirks, making it quite a unique experience.
Ready to dive into creating this Teriyaki Salmon on Grilled Pineapple Planks? Let's get started!
- Start by lighting up your grill with FOGO Charcoal Premium Lump Charcoal. While that's heating up, give your salmon fillets a good rinse and pat them dry. Set them aside as we prepare the rest.
- In a mixing bowl, mix up all the ingredients to create the teriyaki marinade. It's a blend of soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, a splash of rice vinegar, and a hint of olive oil. Stir until it's a harmonious blend of sweet and savory.
- Coat each salmon fillet generously with the teriyaki marinade and let them soak in those flavors for around 15 minutes. While the fish is marinating, we'll prepare our pineapple planks.
- Rinse fresh pineapple slices under cold water and pat them dry. These will serve as our grill companions, imparting a delightful sweetness to the salmon, and doubling as non-stick planks to keep the salmon from sticking to the grill.
- Place each marinated salmon fillet on the side of a pineapple plank. Fold the sides of the pineapple over the fish, followed by the top and bottom, creating a neat packet. If needed, secure the packet with a string or toothpick.
- Once your grill is hot, gently place these salmon and pineapple packets on the grill grates. Leave some space between them for even cooking. We're going to bake these beauties for about 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- As the flavors mingle after 20-25 minutes, it's time to remove those delightful packets from the heat. Let them cool for a few moments, then carefully open each one, being mindful of the steam and juices.
- Transfer those perfectly cooked salmon fillets onto individual plates. For a final touch of flavor and presentation, sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves over each fillet. I served these alongside steamed rice and a plank of broccoli for a complete and delicious meal, but don't hesitate to get creative and switch up your sides as you see fit!
- For an extra burst of flavor, lightly coat the salmon with the remaining teriyaki sauce using a brush.
In the end, my culinary journey resulted in a plate of Teriyaki Salmon on Grilled Pineapple Planks that was simply fantastic - both in taste and appearance. However, in my excitement and hunger, I forgot to take a photo of the final plating. Sometimes, the best meals are those savored in the moment, with flavors that linger long after the last bite. So, here's to cooking, to savoring, and to creating unforgettable culinary experiences!
Until my next cooking adventure - Happy cooking!