🍳🥩Hey foodie friends!🥩🍳 Got an epic recipe up your sleeve?
We're all in this tasty journey together, so let's amp up our food game. Share your mouthwatering creations with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you could earn a spot in our culinary hall of fame! 🚀🍔 #GoodEatsForAll
It’s time for the Super Bowl!!! To be completely honest I’m not a football fan but my husband enjoys it, I usually just tune in once the halftime show is up and with no exception I’m excited (a little too much) to see Usher take the stage - I grew up to his songs so here’s to hoping he’ll do a little flashback with his repertoire.
This year we’re watching the show, sorry my bad, the game, at my sister’s house and in true Mimi fashion I cannot show empty handed. But given that I have a newborn and a toddler draining my energy every single second of the day, I’ve decided to make something easy, but of course always delicious: Chopped Italian Sandwiches or Subs.
Now, I got this idea from my current obsession with TikTok, I was influenced to try to make a chopped sandwich and I believe people started recreating this from a deli in New York. So I said what a perfect way to kill a craving, but also a great idea to feed a large group of people, and also - who doesn’t love a good sandwich, am i right?
The great thing about this is that you can add or take whatever you usually put in your sandwiches, this specific recipe contains the stuff I like - so don’t shy away from including ingredients you know are amazing in a sandwich.
- Grab your head of iceberg and chop it into small pieces and put it in a big bowl
- Chop your tomatoes, red onion, deli meats, cheese, peperoncini one by one and add it into the bowl.
- Add the Kewpie Mayo, the vinegar, salt and pepper and combine all the ingredients together - give it a taste and adjust.
- Cut the hoagies lengthwise, not all the way through so it holds the filling. Toast them in your oven at 350 for about 8 mins or as preferred
- Use the chopped ingredients and fill all your hoagies out and enjoy!
Yes, it is that easy. It sure makes you chop a lot of ingredients, but if you really want to make this less work intensive, definitely suggest you get one of those choppers and you will have this done in 20 mins. This is the perfect sandwich because you get the perfect bite every single time - so do yourself a big favor and give this a try, I promise it's so good you’ll be craving it even after the Super Bowl is over. Let me know in the comments what ingredients would make your perfect sandwich, I’m always up to trying new combinations and hopefully do these with my own baked bread. See you in the next one!
TIPS & TRICKS
- A lot of chopping is involved so make sure your cutting board is safe by placing a wet rag under it - this will help it from slipping.
- If you’re not serving it right away, just chop the ingredients and don’t add the dressing part of it to avoid a soggy filling, when you’re ready to serve, toss it all together and fill in your hoagies.
- If you’re feeding a crowd, buy baguettes so you can make smaller sandwiches faster.